Maintaining a comfortable environment in the different areas of your school can be challenging. Some rooms are hot while others are cold, some are damp yet others are too dry, some have significant exhaust needs, and the timing is rarely great—like, finding out your AC units are undersized during a heatwave on graduation day. Without a properly designed HVAC system, the teachers, staff, and students in your facilities suffer. The good news is, it doesn’t have to be that way. A well-designed HVAC system can handle complex facilities, helping everyone keep their cool and making you look like a hero.
Regardless your system’s size or complexity, Widseth Smith Nolting’s engineers will work with you to plan and design an energy-efficient and cost-effective HVAC system.
Stop by our booth at the 2019 MASMS Conference, held at the St. Cloud Holiday Inn, on Thursday, October 3rd.
Our engineers remain involved from planning through construction, making sure your project is constructed per industry standards and codes. The result is a system that provides a controlled environment despite our sometimes wildly varying climate while aiming to be maintainable.
WSN’s HVAC systems planning and design services include:
- Central plant systems, including sizing central
boiler and chiller plants
- Properly calculate and analyze building load
- Air handling unit systems
- Constant Volume Systems with reheat for heating zone control
- Variable Volume Systems with reheat for heating and cooling zone control
- Geothermal and conventional heat pump systems
that provide heating and cooling
- Design includes special consideration for introducing outside air into the building
- Boiler system design and renovation
- Replacement of maintenance-hungry, inefficient boilers
- Perform heat loss load calculation for the building and size new boiler to meet existing building load
- Life safety, including smoke control and alarm system shutdowns
From designing a new system to integrating updates into an existing structure, several school districts, higher ed institutions, and libraries have entrusted their infrastructure to our engineers, such as:
- Pillager Public Schools—Pillager, MN
- Thompson Public Schools—Thompson, ND
- Crosslake Community School—Crosslake, MN
- Central Lakes College—Brainerd and Staples, MN
- Fosston Public Library Addition—Fosston, MN
- Nisswa Community Library Addition and Remodel—Nisswa, MN
- Pelican Rapids Library Addition—Pelican Rapids, MN
Contact Eric Jendro at Eric.Jendro@wsn.us.com or 218-316-3643 to discuss your HVAC planning and design needs.